Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7-13-2010: Hi Ho Cherry-O

Cherries have been on sale at Harris Teeter this week and we have taken advantage. And by we, I mean me....Eddie doesn't care for cherries. They have been a delicious snack to have around the apartment.
They got me thinking about a game I used to play with my parents when I was little called "Hi Ho Cherry-O. It had these small plastic cherries that you had to collect in your basket by spinning a spinner or something like that. You had to get a certain amount of cherries before the other players. I was curious to see if they still made the game, thinking they might not considering the cherries were pretty blatant choking hazards. I wikipedia-ed the game and found out they still make it but it was updated in 2008 to make it a cooperative game (vs. competitive). LAME!

No comments: