Sunday, April 19, 2009

28 & 29: What to choose...

It was a really good weekend for me (both personally and photo-wise). Choosing two pictures from the 417 that I took (holy cow!) was tough.

On Saturday, the CNU Photography Club (I'm their advisor) had their spring field trip to Maymont Park in Richmond. After we finished up there I drove up to Hollywood Cemetery to wander around. (I have always enjoyed cemeteries...a family favorite on trips. Weird, yes.) My Saturday photo is one of many amazing statues on the gravestones.I spent the night in Fredericksburg and got up VERY early to head into Washington DC to get a ticket to the White House Garden Tour. (I've got to say, traffic in DC at 6:30am is pretty awesome!) They began giving out tickets at 8:00am. I ended up getting a ticket to the first tour time (11:00am) and had some time to walk around some of the monuments before they got crowded. It was a fantastic way to start my day. I took a ton of pictures today and I like a good deal of them. I settled on this one, taken from the Lincoln Memorial.