Saturday, April 4, 2009

Photo 14...Fort Monroe

It was a really nice day today so I took a "photo field trip" to Fort Monroe. I did a self-guided walking tour that I picked up at the Casemate Museum. (If you are interested in history, especially the Civil War, it is definitely worth a trip.) I really enjoyed just wandering around by myself. It was pretty empty there today despite the nice weather so I was able to take pictures without being disturbed and without having to worry about people getting in the shots. Below is a picture I took of a spiral staircase on the side of a white observation tower that was added to the fort during WWII. The metal stairs have rusted and the rust has stained the walls. I like this photograph because of the contrast of white and black along with the streak of rust.


1 comment:

Eric said...

It's hard to tell from the angle of the wall that the rust stain is in fact a rust stain, my first impression was that it was a shadow. I like this as an abstract photo though. The stark white of the background plays well with the spiral of dark stairs.