Monday, May 25, 2009

61, 62, 63, 64 & 65: Catching Up

Back home and refreshed after a great vacation (and bonus Memorial Day BBQ day today!). Time to catch up on the Photos of the Day that I couldn't post while we were away.

#61: Balboa Park: Eddie and I met up with Amy and spent the morning and early afternoon at Balboa Park in San Diego. It was a really amazing place and we had a great time walking around and looking at everything. This picture took me three times throughout our visit to get one without a big white van or truck parked in front of the building so this was a practice in patience and waiting for the shot.

#62: Catalina Island: Our cruise ship went to Catalina Island as its port stop. It was originally supposed to be Ensenada in Mexico but the swine flu popped up and Carnival changed plans. We enjoyed a bus tour of the island and then went walking on our own. I took this from one of the beaches. It was my first time in the Pacific Ocean (well, just my feet....it was a little chilly!) and so I thought it appropriate I choose a photo of the day that featured the ocean a little.
#63: Thar she blows!: We spotted a whale pretty far off the boat during our Day At Sea. I grabbed my camera and ran up on deck. None of my pictures were that great (the whale wasn't doing much and was far away) but I didn't take many other photos of note that day as we were just enjoying the boat and the various activities going on.

#64: Patchwork of America: I was lucky enough to have a window seat as we flew back east from San Diego (Thanks Eddie!). I am quite pleased with many of the photos that I took during the flight. I find it so interesting to watch the landscapes change and try to pick out familiar items (baseball fields, racetracks, farms, etc.) from the air. This photo was taken somewhere not too long into our flight. The plots of fertile fields were randomly in the middle of a large desert area. It was such a stark contrast between the bland tan of the desert with the greens of the fields.


#65: Memorial Day Cook-Out: Today we enjoyed a bonus vacation day by going to a Memorial Day Cook-Out with some close friends. I took a lot of pictures of the activities (including Katie beating Eddie in a game of HORSE!) but couldn't resist this photo of little Hannah.


1 comment:

KT said...

OMG she's too cute.