Wednesday, February 3, 2010

319: Argyle Wednesday

I'm not sure how I got started but I've been wearing Argyle on Wednesdays to work for quite some time. It is a trend that has been catching on in the office, which is kind of fun. Today was an especially good day with five of us sporting argyle sweaters and two in argyle socks.

Here is a closeup of the sweater I wore today:


And because I am a funfactophile:
-The argyle (occasionally argyll) pattern is made of diamonds in a diagonal checkerboard arrangement. The word is sometimes used to refer to an individual diamond in the design but more commonly refers to the overall pattern.

-The argyle pattern is derived from the tartan of Clan Campbell, of Argyll in western Scotland.

-It was much used in the golfing dress of the early 1900s, both for jerseys and for the long socks needed for the plus-fours trouser fashion of the day.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love argyle! And almost wore one of my sweaters today too... now I wish I had.