Sunday, February 28, 2010

341, 342, 343, & 344: Much Needed Escape

I apologize for not giving you loyal readers any warning that I'd be away from posting for a few days. I had a mini-vacation with three college friends to Atlanta. On Thursday Night, Katie and I drove to Charlotte to Amy's house for the night. I was excited to get to see Amy and Dan's future son's nursery. I snapped this of the corner of the window treatment. So cute.


Katie, Amy and I got up bright and early on Friday morning and headed south to Atlanta to meet up with Logan, who flew in from Chicago. We checked into the Hotel Palomar, which was absolutely hip, trendy and really swanky. (Logan won the stay in a raffle.) Once we got settled in we headed out to explore Atlanta. One of our stops was the World of Coca-Cola. (Sidenote: The admission fee was $15. I don't think it was worth it. It felt like a giant ad for Coke rather than a look into the history, the process, etc. of their products.) As part of admission we each got a little bottle of coke. They did look kind of neat coming off the conveyor belt.


On Saturday we went to the Georgia Aquarium, which was abosolutely worth the cost of admission. We had a blast seeing all of the exhibits and learning new things. (I love that I have friends that enjoy that!) One of my favorite parts of the aquarium was the jellyfish tank. I spent quite some time by it with my camera trying to get some good shots. I'm pleased with a few of them and hope to maybe enlarge some of them. This is one of my favorites:

(This is without edits...the colors and lighting were like that, which is what made the exhibit so awesome.)

Sadly this morning we had to get up and head back north. I snapped this out of our hotel room as we were getting ready to leave.


I didn't realize how much I needed this little time away. It felt good to just be relaxed with friends, laugh until I cry, eat delicious food and see new places. I am so lucky to be able to take advantage of such weekends!

No comments: