Monday, February 8, 2010

324: 7 Day Challenge

Tonight CNU's Photography Club hosted Mark Warren, a photographer that I met while assisting the main photographer at a friend's wedding earlier this year. Mark was very helpful to me the day of the wedding and shared a lot of his insight and experience with me. I mentioned him to the Photography Club and they wasted no time getting him to come in to speak to the club.

I was newly inspired to better myself as a photographer as a result of this session. I am challenging myself to, for the next seven days, shooting only in manual for my Photos of the Day and not doing any post-processing in Photoshop. This, as Mark said, will challenge me to think before I shoot and work hard to get the correct settings. I anticipate a few of the shots not being all that great but this week is about learning.

Here is Day One of the Seven Day Challenge: Flowers From My Husband

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it works. And your husband gave you flowers why? Like the "touch of spring" which is in stark contrast to much of the weather across the country.