Monday, June 1, 2009

72: Tripping Billies

Dave Matthews Band...

DMB has a new album coming out tomorrow and they have been getting some nice press about it, including a great feature on CBS Sunday Morning yesterday. (Yes, I am a 40 year old woman and watch it almost every Sunday.) FUSE (TV channel) is running a live feed from their concert in NYC this evening as well as a four part documentary about the making of their new album.

I seem to fall in love with DMB all over again each summer. There is something about the old familiar instrumentals, the lyrics, the sound, something....something that brings back this nostalgia but also the feeling that there is something great just beyond tomorrow....memories of going to the record store in downtown Harrisonburg with Brandon and Katie to buy the new album and being reassured by the girl in front of us that the album was going to be amazing (and we wrote her a Pat!)...cool summer nights in my room in our old house in Sterling with the windows open...warm summer nights on the lawn with so many people on their feet and singing at the top of their lungs. There is just something about them.

I dug out all of my album covers for a little collage for my photo of the day.


1 comment:

Brandon said...

great picture, it will now be my phone background!!!!!