Tuesday, June 2, 2009

73: Books

Show me the books he loves and I shall know the man far better than through mortal friends. ~ Dawn Adams ~

I completed a survey on Facebook this evening about reading and books. It got me thinking about the role reading and books have played in my life. I grew up as an avid reader and had parents that modeled that reading could be fun and interesting. Even now as an adult (even though I don't feel like an adult sometimes!) I still love getting lost in a good book.

I have a shelf in our office/music/guest room with my favorite books on it, including some old books that I have collected over the years. I really treasure my books, the familiar, worn pages of an old favorite like A Prayer for Owen Meany, the smell of the old paper of my copy of Last Days of Pompeii (a joke gift from my mom after we played in the pit for The Music Man), the colorful covers of my Sarah Vowell books....I love them.

2 comments:

KT said...

LAST DAYS OF POMPEE-EYE!

I like this picture :)

Unknown said...

reading is awesome :)