Sunday, June 14, 2009

85: Tasty


I signed up for a Kraft Foods email newsletter a few weeks back and this week got a recipe for Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I thought it sounded good and filed it away in my head for future use. My friend Jacqui offered us some fresh basil from her garden so I took that as a sign that we should make the chicken. The hardest part of the meal was smooshing the chicken with a can of green beans since we don't have our own meat mallet. They came out really well and were quite tasty. I think this may become one of those meals we'll make on a semi-regular basis as we continue our adventure into the land of cooking.
P.S. The recipe is linked above....feel free to check it out!


3 comments:

KT said...

You say meat mallet and I picture Tim playing marimba with chicken legs.

Anonymous said...

Rolling pins and sides of butcher knives work well for tenderizing meat. Just a friendly note to save your hands and future cans of green beans!

Jim Eustice said...

The bottom of a heavy-ish pot or pan works pretty well if you don't have a meat mallet. And why should you have one? It has one use on the rare occasion you need to flatten some meat.