Sunday, June 7, 2009

76, 77 and 78: A Weekend In New Jersey

Eddie, Tim, Amanda and I headed up to New Jersey for a wedding. We had a really great time, before, during and after the wedding. I had a lot of really great opportunities to use my camera and I am pleased with many of my shots. I had a hard time choosing just one per day but here they are...

#76: Friday: We headed to Aldo's for dinner, which is a favorite place in Jersey for Eddie and Tim. It is the best Italian restaurant outside of Italy. We enjoyed a leisurely meal complete with a stuffed artichoke as an appetizer and some delicious wine. My photo of the day is of the Rigatoni Alla Vodka that I got as a meal. The creamy sauce is so very tasty and I hope to someday be able to replicate it.

#77: Saturday: We attended the beautiful wedding of Christine and Chris. (Tim and Eddie went to high school with Christine.) The ceremony was in Hoboken at a great church and featured some really great music, including a surprise performance of "Love Changes Everything" from the show Aspects of Love, which the priest referenced in the homily. It was my favorite part of the ceremony. Everyone clapped at the end, which means it was really fantastic because there usually isn't much clapping in the Catholic Church...just ask Katie Baynor.

The reception was held at the Chart House in nearby Weehawken. (For those history nerds out there, Weekhawken was the site of the Burr-Hamilton duel.) It is located right on the Hudson, right across from New York City. It was absolutely gorgeous. We could not get over the view of the skyline of NYC the whole night.


#78: Sunday: Amanda, Tim, Eddie and I headed out this morning to come back to Virginia. We had to, of course, stop at Bagelicious on our way out to stock up on "real" bagels to bring home. I grabbed my camera and shot the storefront window before we headed home from a great weekend.

No comments: