Saturday, September 19, 2009

182: In Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs

Today was a really good day. We played in a charity kickball tournament in Hampton. Our team only had 8 people on it (usually have 11 in the field) so we were really pleased with how we played....and we even won a game! I am really enjoying playing kickball. Today's games gave me good practice in the field (even made two catches in the outfield for outs) and at the plate (got on base twice). I am looking forward to playing again on Wednesday.


After the tournament finished we headed back to Newport News where Katie B met up with us for Moe's dinner. Dan, Eddie, Katie and I headed over to the Ferg for the Fab Faux concert. It was AWESOME! They are a Beatles tribute band that also have two string players and a horn section (featuring Bones Malone!). They were really quite outstanding. They played my favorite Beatles song (A Day In The Life) but I think my favorite song of the evening was Penny Lane. The piccolo trumpet player was ridiculously awesome.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This picture of Will Lee is especially Carol Channing-esque. Maybe more like Ryan Stiles doing a Carol Channing impression-esque ... but amazing nonetheless. :)