Monday, March 1, 2010

345: Squished!


I have been a collector of pressed pennies/coins for quite some time now. It's a fun thing to collect because of the simple fun of finding the machines and only having to spend 51 cents for a souvenir. It's also fun because now I have friends that will see machines where they are visiting and bring me one.

Fun Facts about Beth's Pressed Coin Collection:
-The collection consists of 277 pressed pennies, 6 pressed quarters, 4 pressed dimes, 3 pressed nickels and 2 pressed euros.
-The first pressed penny was from the Great Smokey Mountains in Tennessee.
-The pressed coin from the furthest away is the pressed euro Beth's grandmother brought her from Italy with a portrait of The Pope on it.
-One of the most random pressed pennies in the collection is from Baltimore and has Frank Zappa on it.
-The funniest place Beth ever got a pressed penny (although she watched someone else actually crank it...*cough* Mother-In-Law *cough*) was in front of an adult video store in New York City.

2 comments:

The Fox Den said...

fun fact I learned reading your blog tonight. there are actual "things" that exist to organize your pressed coins. What would this "thing" be called and where would one find one?

Julie said...

I think we may be soulmates... haha. I have collected squished pennies for just about as long as I can remember! I have actually lost count... I need to finish putting them all in my books and count them. The furthest ones I have are ones my husband got me from Japan... they're squished somethings. :)