Wednesday, July 8, 2009

109: Speak softly, love, and hold me warm against your heart

Today Eddie and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary with a late dinner at Azzurri, our favorite local place to eat. When we arrived I found that Eddie had put a vase of flowers and a card on a table for me. When we finished dinner, Marco the owner gave us each a restaurant t-shirt (I had been eyeing them for Eddie for a while). I love that we are "regulars" at a restaurant and know the owner and his family.


It was a really nice way to spend the end of a busy day and to feel special on our anniversary.


I had a photo of the flowers and the card at the table but Eddie and I posed in our bathroom mirror for a picture of us in our new t-shirts.

Also, in case you are wondering, the title of today's post is the opening lyrics to The Godfather theme, which came on the music at Azzurri when we were finishing dinner. It was Eddie's idea to use the lyrics as the title.

P.S. I wanted to say a special hello to loyal blog reader Pop-Pop! Thanks for the phone call tonight!

4 comments:

Baker-Esq said...

That's awesome. I know you were lusting after the shirts for a while and now you'll be reminded of a sweet anniversary dinner whenever you wear them.

Kay said...

you two are adorable. happy anniversary! and nice shirts! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! (A day late) I had no idea our anniversaries were so close! :)

I think we're going to dinner to celebrate this weekend, possibly the Melting Pot.

So glad you had a great night though!

Jill said...

this is really sweet! How fun it is to be regulars!