Saturday, July 4, 2009

105: That is what he said. That is what Abraham Lincoln said.

I started this morning by listening to A Lincoln Portrait by Aaron Copland with narration by Gregory Peck. Katie had texted me on her car ride home about it. I turned it on and got all teary like I always do. Perfect way to start my Fourth of July.

Sean, Andrea and I spent the morning and afternoon at a surprisingly not crazy-crowded Busch Gardens. We were able to nearly walk onto many of the roller coasters before lunch. We took in a few shows and enjoyed wakling around. We then went to Williamsburg for some Fourth of July action. Eddie met up with us and we hung around people watching, playing In A Pickle, and listening to the fife and drum corps before the (mostly lame) firework show. (Traffic was craptacular on the way out...it took us an hour to get to the road to get us to the interstate.)

I enjoyed taking pictures during the fireworks show but due to where we were sitting I could get better shots of the audience watching than the actual fireworks themselves. It was an interesting change of perspective. This photo was taken with the assistance of a monopod and a longer exposure during one of the bright fireworks blasts.


Happy Fourth of July all!

1 comment:

KT said...

This is a great shot. Love the way the crowd, trees, and building are illuminated by the fireworks.