Saturday, July 11, 2009

112: These vagabond shoes...

Eddie and I are on mini-vacation now before the craziness of his ResLife training schedule begins. Today's entry is going to be more of a photo-documentary of our day rather than just one picture. Cheating, maybe...but here it is:

Eddie and I flew into LaGuardia this morning and saw this out of the plane window:

Eddie's sister, future brother-in-law and mom came to get us at the airport and we all drove into the city. We parked in a garage and got to Times Square to get our discount Broadway show tickets. Eddie and I got tickets for us and his friend Jenn to see "9 to 5" while the rest got tickets for Phantom. We then began to walk around for a while to kill some time. We went into FAO Schwarz Toy Store and I realized how much of a kid I still am because I got REALLY excited to see their Muppet Whatnot Workshop where you can design your own Muppet Puppet to take home!!! (Logan, this one's for you!) If they weren't as pricey as they are I would probably get one. Here is one of the displays of some of the Whatnots that have been created:


(Sidenote: Eddie's sister Karen is engaged to Mike who was with us today. While in FAO Schwarz we got to see the piano from Big. Mike and I were talking about going up to play it and he said that he would start to play the bassline from Chameleon and then I could bust in and start to play the melody. This was one of many times that he has made a musical or "nerdy" comment that has made me thank Karen for finding another musician to bring into the family of athletes.

After a lunch at a pizza joint we headed to our theaters for our respective shows. 9 to 5 was quite good. Allison Janney was hilarious (as expected) and I just loved her. The show was really well done, entertaining and well-performed. After the show we stood by the stage door to get autographs. Not everyone came out....including Allison Janney (sadness!) but we were able to get some to add to our Broadway wall. There was also a pet adoption shindig going on a block down called "Broadway Barks" where there were random Broadway folks around...including David Hyde Pierce and American-Idol-turned-Broadway-actor Constantine Maroulis who we found standing next to us eating pretzels:


Good day in the city. We got back into Ridgewood and got to watch Kevin play baseball and then had a great meal afterwards at home!

Tomorrow morning Eddie and I head up to Cape Cod. I'm hoping to have wireless at our hotel but we might not. If not, I'll be back on Tuesday evening!

No comments: