Monday, August 3, 2009

135: Extended Commute

My "commute" in the morning consists of walking out of the residence hall where our apartment is, crossing Warwick Blvd, walking by the Freeman Center, Admin and the Library and then I'm at the building where I work. On a short crossing signal day it takes about five minutes. They have been doing a lot of construction on Warwick so the cross often feels dangerous with fresh asphalt, ogling construction workers and large machines. Last week they started working on a parking lot over by the Freeman Center but it didn't affect my walking pattern...until I tried to walk home today and found they had put up that orange construction fencing all around. My commute is going to double in the morning! I snapped a picture of one of the ground-grinding machines in the lot. It reminded me of a ship's wheel, which is fitting for our campus. (Go Captains!)

No comments: