Friday, August 28, 2009

160: Live a life less ordinary

Today is the birthday of Katie Baynor. I have no words that can fully describe how much her friendship has meant to me. She has truly been there and loved me at my worst and at my best and all of the times between. I could go on and on about her wit and intellect, her loyalty and wisdom, her love of dental hygenie and Aaron Copland (though not together!), and, of course, her amazing talent at making mix CDs.
Of course all of the "classic" Katie/Beth photos are all pre-digital so here's one from last year at a VERY cold JMU football game:

And now for my Photo of the Day.....a few of us from work braved the rain to enjoy a free Carbon Leaf concert at W&M put on by their student group headed up by Trici! Trici was awesome enough to let me come on the stage (out of the rain!) to take some photos. It was a pretty neat experience. I love watching people doing something they love together....namely musicians. Carbon Leaf is fantastic...I mean, you can't go wrong with a lead singer that also plays a mean pennywhistle! I got a lot of neat shots thanks to Trici letting me up there. It was hard to pick one so I picked two. :-)

Sidenote: Work has been pretty crazy the last two weeks. Tonight's concert in the rain was exactly what I needed. Good people, Good music, Singing and an AMAZING Aerosmith cover to end the show!

3 comments:

KT said...

You are the best friend that anyone could ever, ever ask for. I love you so much!

areyoukiddingmeseriously.blogspot.com said...

AMAZING pics of the concert!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Katie!