Wednesday, August 26, 2009

158: Home Run!

We played our first kickball game tonight. I was surprisingly not nervous, which was a nice change from playing softball. I think this is because I'm not afraid of getting a ball or bat to the face. I could deal with getting hit with the kickball...it's probably not going to knock my teeth out. I only got up to kick once. I got a bunt down (which is basically what almost everyone does vs. booting it) but thrown out at first. It wasn't a bad bunt or a bad kick so I'm okay with that. I'd like to get on base next time. The ball didn't come near me in the outfield so nothing exciting to report there. Eddie played really well (no shock there) and even kicked a home run!

I'm pretty excited that we are playing on this team. I think it will be a fun way to spend my Wednesday nights.

Here is a shot (though blurry) of Eddie rounding second as part of his home run:

2 comments:

KT said...

Does your league pitch overhand?

This is such a great shot of Eddie. It's like ... the Essence of Edward. Running around in gym shorts and tall socks. :)

Beth Seavers said...

Yes, there is overhand pitching. There are also some that pitch underhand. It's not your 5th grade kickball anymore! I'm actually not intimidated by it, which is more than I can say about softball. I think it's years of music teachers not wanting me to break my hands or bust my mouth!