Tuesday, August 25, 2009

157: First Day of School

CNU offers a free class to employees and I'm finally taking advantage. I'm taking "The Exceptional Learner", which is a class that is designed for students who will be teachers. The topics include gifted learners, learners with disabilities, legal mandates, etc. Sara, who works down the hall, suggested taking the class given the added responsibilities from Disability Support Services that the office I work in has taken on. Some of the class will be a review from what I learned in undergrad and in the three years that I taught but I think there will also be some valuable information that I will be able to apply in the office. The class has some funster former RAs and the professor seems pretty cool so I'm looking forward to it. (I haven't been in a classroom for a grade since the fall of 2002...Spring of 2003 I was student teaching, from 2003-2006 I taught and I've been at CNU since 2006. )

Eddie snapped this photo of me as I was headed out to class:

5 comments:

Kay said...

aww, you look so excited! hope it's all the fun you expect it to be :)

Unknown said...

how fun. :)

KT said...

You're too cute. Is it a graduate level class, or undergrad? You'll have to let me know if people are as annoying in class @ CNU as they were @ ODU.

This also made me think of the "stupid grown-up" lady from Dr. Harris's class. Do you think people are muttering under their breath at us now?

Not at you ... you're too cute. :)

Beth Seavers said...

Katie...it's graduate level...mostly fifth year students doing the Master's in teaching program.....and one "stupid grown up"....I totally thought of her when I saw her. She's probably in her late forties or maybe older. I do not count myself or Sara (coworker who you would like) as "stupid grown ups". :-)

Anonymous said...

This was just like 1985 when you got on Peggy's bus.

Love,

Dad and Mom