Tuesday, August 18, 2009

150: Theeeeeey're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Today was Day 1 of Freshman Move in. Beloit College in Wisconsin publishes a list each year profiling the incoming freshman class. The list includes facts about the class based on what they have known or not known their whole life. Two examples from this year's list:
They have never used a card catalog to find a book and Margaret Thatcher has always been a former prime minister.

I always enjoy reading the list each year though I found some items on this year's list to be silly...like: There has always been blue Jell-O. This factoid about this class does not tell me anything about them....lame.

Anyways. If you want to see the whole list you can read it online at: http://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2013.php (I also really enjoy the list for my college class of 2003...it includes a bonus list of items that only a child of the '80s can explain...like Trapper Keepers!)

I took a picture of a move-in shirt that I wore today and will also wear tomorrow. (Don't worry...Eddie washed them tonight.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty interesting... the photo and the mentioned website. :)

Kay said...

eww, yellow.

i'm stoked that i am in no way required or expected to help with the ODU move in :-)