Sunday, October 18, 2009

209, 210, 211: Weekend!

This weekend I headed down to Durham, NC to hang out with Andrea. We had a really relaxing weekend that included seeing Kathy Griffin (hilarious), watching movies and having some good old fashioned girl talk. Here are my three photos from the weekend...

209: Durham Bull

I shot this from the car on our way to the Kathy Griffin show. The performing arts center is right next to the ball field so I also so that big bull billboard in the outfield. Fun find.
210: Ears

Sean and Andrea both love Disney and even have a fantastic bedspread with Mickey, Donald and Goofy on it that reminded me of the Tiki Room. They have their Mickey ears hanging on their bedroom door. I liked that panel behind the ears and the contrast of the black and white.

211: Morning Rehearsal

I left Andrea's around 9 this morning to head back to Newport News for a softball game (which annoyingly didn't even happen because the other team didn't show up). The route back to the highway took me right by the Duke University campus. I couldn't be so close without stopping by so I made a slight detour and parked by the chapel. I was pleased to find the doors unlocked and absolutely delighted that the choir was rehearsing for their morning service. The music was gorgeous and filled the sanctuary. It was a very good way for me to start my day.

1 comment:

KT said...

Love that chapel shot. I want to go to campus so bad!