Thursday, October 29, 2009

222: A Gift from Horticulture Dave

My friend and co-worker Dave is a counselor on campus and also has a degree in horticulture. He brought me a beautiful bouquet for my birthday last week (made from flowers and herbs from the gardens he has planted at the Counseling House) and brought three new flowers to liven up my desk today. (So very thoughtful!) I had a feeling that the flowers would become my photo of the day today because they were such a great color.

After work I took some time to set up a still-life scene with the flowers and a pumpkin we have for Halloween. The pictures ended up looking nice but very staged and boring. I shot this one on a whim as I was finishing. I really like the result of the light coming in through the petals.

P.S. For those of you who are followers of our trivia team via my photo blog.....our team tied for 1st tonight and Jacqui won 1st for our team in an intellectual bout of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Go team! Also, I'd like to thank the team for never failing to make me laugh and making my day a little brighter and happier, no matter how the rest of my day has been.

1 comment:

Kay said...

beautiful picture!

also, hooray O69! Thank you for the updates... I need them :)