Saturday, October 24, 2009

217: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuukes

Eddie and I spent the day helping out in the Press Box at JMU for the Parade of Champions high school marching band competition. It was a fantastic day that I could write a million paragraphs about but we're about to head to the hotel next door to meet up with Laura (she was a grad student at JMU when I was here in undergrad) for some Dave's Express delivery.

Long story short, today was a good day for me to see a few key people that had a great influence on me in my life, to watch the bands of my good friends that work so hard as band directors and marching band staff, and to (of course) get completely awestruck by the Marching Royal Dukes, again...just as I have been for a long time now...even when I was a member.

Post Update: I was trying to upload a video from the evening performance of the MRDs but even after "thinking" for an hour the video hadn't uploaded yet. So....here's a shot I snapped with my pocket digital from the sideline of the MRDs coming off of the field while playing. The high school drum majors were going nuts. What a band! Seeing them makes me want to go back to school as a freshman and march for four years!