Friday, October 23, 2009

216: Leaf Peeping

This blog entry is brought to you by The West Wing:

BARTLET: Good morning. This month, as autumn is in full bloom in much of the nation,the weekends willbe devoted by many of you to leaf peeping and football... watch... ing...

(He starts to laugh.)

TECHNICIAN: Cut tape.

BARTLET[still laughing] I'm sorry. Leaf peeping? Is that something we do now?
--------------------------------
Eddie and I left Newport News (early from work!) to head up to Harrisonburg for a weekend at JMU to help out with Parade of Champions, the high school marching band competition hosted on campus each year. I had been looking forward to the drive all week, knowing that the leaves were going to be beautiful...and they were. I love autumn in the Shenandoah Valley!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I was hoping to make it up there this year, but alas, looks like I won't be able to after all.