Wednesday, October 21, 2009

214: Slavick Family

I had the pleasure of taking photographs of the Slavick family this afternoon. Brittany was an orinetation student director this summer at CNU. Her brother, Dylan, is a senior in high school and her mother, Lisa, is a hilarious woman (and a facebook addict!). We met up at the Lion's Bridge and enjoyed spending time climbing trees, sitting on walls and taking in the unseasonably warm day. I took A LOT of photos today but had to narrow it down for posting today. I chose three photos....one of Dylan, one of Brittany and one of the three of them together...for today's entry. I went with a theme of three black and white portraits just because I thought I should have a theme.
This is Dylan with a sweet old car that was parked by the bridge. We borrowed it for a backdrop. Dylan was very patient during the afternoon even with the wall/rock/tree climbing...plus he had a sweet fedora that he rocked during part of the shoot.
I took many more traditional portrait shots of Brittany and they are beautiful. I liked this one because it was a different angle and feel from the others.

I love it when people are caught laughing in photos....and these three did a lot of laughing. It was really fun to photograph them. I can't wait to get through all of the edits and share the rest of the shots with them.











2 comments:

Beryl said...

These turned out really nice! You have quite a talent. I love the b/w. I hope you'll also share some of the color shots too when you've completed editing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth!

I can't wait to see all of the photos, these 3 are great! :)

Hugs,

Lisa