Monday, November 2, 2009

226: Pop Tops

We have been collecting pop tops for a conference that CNU's Residence Hall Association will be attending in a few months. The tabs get melted down and the metal is sold with the money going to benefit the Ronald McDonald House. (Sidenote: This is a GREAT cause.) CNU is competing against other schools for the most tabs collected and I have a collection jar on my desk. It's been fun to get people to save their tabs and to add to the jar. (I'm really hoping that it gets full....it's a big container!) I had some laying around tonight from the weekend and from in my wallet so I dumped them out for a photo of the day. I enjoyed that there was one green tab that I found in our parking lot....nice splash of color to contrast.

If you are reading this and drink soda, eat soup or consume anything from a can with a tab, please consider saving up your tabs and donating them for a great cause!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll try to start saving them for you, let me know when you need them and I'll try to get them to you. :)