Wednesday, March 31, 2010

10/375: T.J.

Tonight Katie and I went to the Ferguson Center on campus to see Thomas Jefferson. Clearly it was not ACTUAL Thomas Jefferson (that would have been AMAZING) but it was one of, if not THE leading first-person historical interpreter of Thomas Jefferson. I saw Clay Jenkinson a few years ago on campus and loved him. I got really excited when I saw he was coming back to campus and wasted no time inviting Katie. She is my kindred spirit history nerd so I knew she'd enjoy it.

Mr. Jenkinson came out "as" Thomas Jefferson, spoke to the audience for a while about his presidency, books, etc. and then entertained questions. He did a great job, was interesting, made us laugh and made us want to learn Greek so we could read the original Homer.

Sadly cameras weren't allowed during the presentation and he took his wig off so we couldn't get the second month of our Katie and Beth Meet the President's calendar taken care of. (We met Lincoln a few summers ago.) I did, however, snap this of a tree branch with the Ferguson Center in the background. Hurray for Spring!

No comments: