Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Greetings loyal readers. Thank you for your patience as I enjoyed a long weekend away in Florida. It was really nice to get away, see Eddie's family, watch Ellen play softball and enjoy some Disney. Here are my shots from the last five days:

349: Welcome To Orlando!

This fountain is in the middle of the atrium of the Orlando airport. There is a semi-Hidden Mickey in this shot. :-)



350: Experiments in Spectromagic

When I was in Atlanta the hotel had a series of four photographs taken of city scenes (traffic, buildings, etc) that were out of focus. I really liked the effect and tried taking some during the Magic Kingdom Spectromagic parade. I am pleased with the outcomes. Here is one of them:



351: Up, Up and Away...

We have been going to Florida at this time of year for Eddie's sister's softball tournaments for a few years now and each year we notice hot air balloons in the morning. This year the house was located near the flight path of the balloons so we got a great view of them each morning. It was really beautiful. I shot this from our bedroom window:



352: Practically Perfect In Every Way

I've never been a princess kind of girl but I AM a Mary Poppins girl. I, at the age of 28, get really excited when I see her in the Disney parades. I was pleased to spot her on the "Characters In Flight" balloon in Downtown Disney. (We didn't ride this balloon...$16 is a little steep if you ask me!)



353: S-C-R-A-B-B-L-E

Eddie and I met up with Heather in Williamsburg at our usual restaurant for dinner and Scrabble. We had a great time enjoying good food, good music, good Scrabble and our youth (we were very young compared to most of the other people there). I forgot to get a photo when we were at the restaurant to I took this when we got home.

No comments: