Thursday, March 18, 2010

359-362

I have had a series of late nights this week that have kept me from posting my photos but I have been keeping up with actually taking them!

359: Sugar and Spice

Nothing that inspiring about my day this day but I was eating some gumdrops and thought they'd make a good subject for the day given their colors and the sugar texture.


360: For a Cause...

Last week our state's attorney general issued a memo to institutions of higher education regarding the place (or rather, the inappropriateness) of sexual orientation in the non-discrimination policies. The CNU students put together a rally this week to voice the student opinion about keeping the policy alive on our campus so that our LGBT community can remain safe. I was proud that a rally actually happened on campus...it would have been nice to have had more people attend but it was good that something happened!



361: Luck Of the Irish

Carbon Leaf is an AMAZING Irish-inspired rock band from Virginia. I've seen them quite a few times but last night's concert was, by far, the best. Any band with a lead singer that rocks some serious pennywhistle solos is okay by me! I didn't do much edits to this photo other than cropping it since we were in the back of the venue. I really like the lighting and shadows on the stage.



362: The Madness!

This is the third year that I have organized a NCAA Men's Basketball Bracket Competition for our department. This year we have 19 staffers participating. I love "grading" the brackets as games are played and seeing how everyone is doing. What a fun time of year!

No comments: